“Boot from SAN” step by step with Windows 2012 R2 and Cisco UCS using Brocade and EMC VNX.
- Create service profile for windows server.
- Create “Boot from san” boot policy
- Setup SAN primary and secondary target.
- The WWN required are that of your VNX array ports.
- Login to create an initial zone for one of the ports.
- Create new Alias
- Type in the Alias name and select the WWN from blade
- Create zone
- Select the blade Alias and VNX Storage processor
- Add to Zone configurations
- Start EMC Unisphere
- Create Initiator
- WWN/IQN can be obtained from UCS director
- Open properties window for service profile of server
- Select storage tab
- At top copy the World Wide Node Name (this is the first part of WWN/IQN)
- Under vHBAs copy the WWPN
- Now combine the WWNN and WWPN and with “:” as separator paste into WWN/IQN
- Select “New Host” radio button
- Type in the server name and IP address
- Create LUNs
- Create Storage Group per server
- Associate the hosts
- Associate the LUNs
- Start the server and boot from Windows disk
- Load the UCS disk drivers when asked for during installation and selection of the installation disk.
- Verify disks show up and select where it will be installed.
- After installation is completed and Windows is up and running, go ahead and install EMC Powerpath!