In part 1 I showed how to add Microsoft Azure to vRA. In this part 2 I will show how to add Microsoft Azure with Non-EA account to vRealize Business which will provide cost information for your MS Azure account.
I have to apologies for taking so long to publish this but I had the blog written and ready to go but it was created with vRB 7.2, which had a lot of bugs with Azure integration and the documentation was not very thorough and made use of the old Azure portal interface for configuration. The problem I ran into can be view in the community post here, but with a lot of views and not responses I decided to wait until vRB 7.3 to review this again.
- You must have a Microsoft Azure Enterprise Agreement (EA) or non-EA account.
- If using MS Azure non-EA you must have one of the following credits offers:
- Monetary commitment
- Monetary credit
To add a non-EA account you will also need the following information during configuration so please make sure you have this available. I am also providing the steps on how to configure your non-EA account.
- Client ID
- When you register a client app, such as a console app, you receive a Client ID. The Client ID is used by the application to identify themselves to the users that they are requesting permissions from.
- Location of Purchase
- To get the location of purchase, login to Azure portal at https://account.windowsazure.com/Profile
- Enter the country code of the Azure purchase location such as IN, US, AU, CN, DE.
- Tenant ID
- Value can be retrieved from the Azure default Active directory when you select manage -> properties in menu.
- Secret Key
- Value will be defined during app registration.