Being a VMware Partner has its perks and EMPOWER is definitely one of them! In previous years we had PEX which was scheduled alongside VMworld, but attending the technical sessions the weekend before was tough and made for a very long week in Vegas Last year this returned to its original standalone schedule with a great location and provided a lot more content to technical partners.
2019 is no different, and definitely improved upon with the addition of Lisbon (Europe) and Singapore (Asia) conference locations. VMware has also done a great job of listening to partner feedback to make this a standout event with recently added sessions like:
- VMware’s Storage and Availability Vision and Strategy
- VMware’s Hybrid Cloud Vision and Strategy
- Partner VCDX Session: Customer Win with Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Partner VCDX Session: Customer Win – Architectural Considerations for SDDC Customer Wins
- Partner VCDX Session: Customer Win – Hybrid Cloud Use Cases
Here are some of the highlights that I think are worth mentioning and what you can provide to your manager as reasons for attending, other than this awesome letter of course.
- Exclusive access to the same content that is enabling the VMware field teams. All marketing fluff has been removed 😊
- Hands-on labs are available with first time access to brand new labs for VMC on AWS and PKS.
- Expert led Livefire workshops with technical content and training.
- Free VMware certification tests for all technical tracks, which can help your company achieve their competencies. Register for exam here.
- Separation between technical and sales roles with dedicated sales conference on last 2 days of event
- Interaction with experts showcasing the latest VMware products in the Demo Zone
- Networking with other like-minded partners
- Team building! In many cases your teams are spread out across the country and this a great way to get together for some team building activities.
Schedule Builder will be opened publicly to all registrants on Thursday, March 7th at 11AM PST.