vRealize CloudClient is a pretty cool CLI tool for managing products like vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator as well as VMware Site Recovery Manager. The CLI provides simplified verb-based functions which are easy to follow and include TAB assistance.
There are some useful software component samples available on VMware sample exchange, which you download as a zip file, after which you need to use CloudClient to import the file into your existing vRA environment.
Latest version of vRealize CloudClient today is 4.3 available here.
Import a software component.
- Login to vRealize CloudClient
- vra login userpass –-user <tenant username> –-password <tenant password> -server <vRA appliance FQDN> –-tenant <tenant you want to import content into>
- Next we run the import command
- vra content import –path C:\files\filename.zip –resolution overwrite –dry-run true –precheck warn
- Review results and verify that is the import dry run ran successfully
- Now run the command without –dry-run false
- Verify in vRA that the Software Component is showing
- Login to your tenant.
- Design -> Software Components.
Exporting a software component requires a bit more detailed information.
- We require the ID, contentId and Content Type information
- vra content list
- you might see results have a lot of pages so have to scroll through these to find the Software Components
- vra content list –page 4
- Cop the ID and content Id information
- vra content export –path C:\files –id a7b2d614-4377-4eb0-83b1-82021c652f7d –content-id Software.EPOpsWinAgent –type software-component –precheck warn