VMware just keeps steaming ahead and making great progress with the HTML5 Web client. There are I really hope to see the HTML5 client have feature parity by end of year with the flash web client.
Here are some of the new standout features. A complete list of new features, enhancements and bug fixes are available from the fling page.
- Edit iSCSI Advanced Options
- Chart for datastore usage by file type
- Resource utilization charts for VMs, RPs and vApps
- DRS per-host utilization charts for CPU and Memory
- Storage DRS recommendations, faults and action history
- ‘New Distributed Switch’ wizard
- Remove Distributed Switch
- Edit VMkernel adapter settings
- Migrate VM: Added ‘Change storage only’ option
- Migrate VM: When changing compute resource only, you can now migrate VM networking (‘Select networks page’)
- Register VM or VM template (from a datastore’s File browser)
- Remove from inventory a VM or VM template
- Move a VM to a VM folder or datacenter using ‘Move to’ dialog