VMware recently release the new vRealize Orchestrato content pack for vRealize Log Insight. This content pack fixes some issues with the first version and now supports agent groups as well as the native Log Insight Agent.
The agent group can be used with either VRA 7.0.1 virtual appliance with embedded vRO, or the standalone VRO virtual appliance. It is mentioned that results may be unpredictable if agent groups are used on an earlier version of vRO.
- Select Administration
- Under management select Agents.
- Verify the agent group for “vRealize Orchestrator 7.0.1” is available from drop down box after installation.
- Highlight the agent group and select copy template.(double square icon on far right)
- Provide new name.
- A prompt will appearing saying no collection agents have sent data to this log insight server . A link will appear to download the Log Insight Agent version 3.6.0. This is new and a nice touch!
- Download the agent.
- Install on either the vRA server with embedded vRO or standalone vRO appliance.
- This can be accomplished by upload the file using tool like WinSCP.
- Copy file to /tmp folder.
- Run “sudo rpm -i VMware-Log-Insight-Agent-3.6.0-4148343.noarch_10.10.40.55.rpm”. You will probably get a conflict error for existing 3.3.0-3516686 version of agent that pre-installed.
- Run “sudo rpm -Uhv VMware-Log-Insight-Agent-3.6.0-4148343.noarch_10.10.40.55.rpm” to update the package.
- Update the log insight file /var/lib/loginsight-agent/liagent.ini
- Update hostname=<vrealizeLogInsightserver.domain.com>
- Some additional parameters are available for configuration like protocol, port, ssl and reconnect.
- Back on Agent configuration with vRealize log insight..
- Create filter that limits your specific vCD Cells by either selecting the hostname or IP address to filter by.
- Verify that you see the agent listed for the vRealize orchestrator server where agent was just installed/update on.
- Save New Group
Lots of nice dashboards to drool over.