VMware released new versions today for a couple of vRealize products. Listed below with new features I think are relevant. Full list of what’s new features provided in links at bottom of blog.
vRealize Automation 7.1
- Silent installer
- Migration tool to migrate data from vRA 6.2.x to fresh vRA 7.1 while preserving the source environment.
- IPAM integration framework although Sovereign System’s SovLabs modules does a great job with this already.
- Manual horizontal scale in and out of vRA deployments
vRealize Operations Manager 6.3
- Enhanced workload placement and DRS integration
- Improved log insight integration (hopefully write a blog on this soon)
- Enhanced vSphere monitoring with new hardening policies.
- Allow for multiple Advanced and Enterprise editions license in same deployment which means you can mix single and suite licenses. License counting for individual license keys is handled through licensing groups.
vRealize Orchestrator 7.1
- Extending automation configuration
- Plugin improvements
vRealize Business for Cloud 7.1
- Support for newer and latest vRA
- Allow integration with external VMware Identity manager is probably the biggest one here since this now allows for a standalone installation with its own UI . I tested this earlier and you now have the option to register with either a vRA or vIDM instance.
- If you register with vIDM you get a new UI which is accessible through the FQDN of your vRB appliance.
- New version of reference database