Currently having some issue with VCM so wanted to provide some quick information on this particular problem.
Trying to install Agent to a Windows Machine with DCOM but when i start the process the task does not appear in the jobs window. I can however manually install the agent on the windows machine after which i can successfully connect through VCM.
Verified all of the following
- Collector service is running.
- My user account has VCM or SQL permissions to run these jobs.
- Network authority account has local admin to windows machine
- DNS and reverse DNS not set up properly for the target marchine or VCM.
- Use nslookup on VCM to validate NetBIOS, FQDN and reverse IP lookup for the target machine.
- DCOM not disabled by GPO on domain
- Firewall not enabled on VMC or client windows machine
- Open SSMS for SQL and connect to database server
- Run this query to verify which database has broker enabled:
- select name, is_broker_enabled from sys.databases
- Note: The broker value should be 1 for all databases, except master and model.
- For each database on which the broker is disabled, run this SQL command:
- alter database [Database Name] SET ENABLE_BROKER