We recently started seeing the following alert in our vCops environment.
The problem is that the maximum of 1000 supported resources has been reached.
To fix this you have to update the advanced properties configuration file for analytic.
- Open SSH session to Analytic server.
- browse to /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/conf/analytics/
- open the file advanced.properties (vi advanced.properties)
- add the following line to the file:
- make sure the number added is larger than 1000 since this is the default
- save the file
- Restart the analytic services within vCops.
- “service vcops restart analytics”