After upgrading to vCenter Log Insight v 2.0 I wanted to install the latest content packs so I downloaded the VMware – vSphere content pack from VMware Solution Exchange.
I imported the content pack and I was prompted if i wanted to upgrade.
Not paying attention I actually downgraded the content pack to v1.5 which is the latest which seems to be available on Solution Exchange.
Here are the steps to revert back to latest v 2.0 content pack for VMware – vSphere:
- Download 7zip.
- Open the archive PAK file which is downloaded for the upgrade of Log Insight.
- Browse to \usr\lib\loginsight\application\etc\content-packs\vsphere\
- Extract the file content.json.
- Open Log Insight.
- Select Content Packs
- Select “Import Content Pack”
- Browse for the content.json file.