This is the first time i ever ran into this problem after installing a new ESXi host. Added the host to our current vDS, moved into cluster and disabled maintenance mode.
Thought might be related to our newly upgrade 5.5, however seems a lot of people ran into same problem.
Migration to host failed with error Already disconnected (195887150).
vMotion migration [169942327:1389120124781890] failed writing stream completion: Already disconnected
vMotion migration [169942327:1389120124781890] failed to flush stream buffer: Already disconnected
vMotion migration [169942327:1389120124781890] socket connected returned: Already disconnected
VMware KB found on problem:
I tried all the regular fixes:
- vmkping to and from the vmkernel port used for vmotion
- verify DNS
- restart the management agent on host given error.
- /etc/init.d/hostd restart
- /etc/init.d/vpxa restart
- Verified time on the both hosts
- Turned off Enable Migration in the Advanced Settings of the host and re-enabled it.
- vSphere web client -> Manage tab -> Settings tab -> Advanced System Settings
- Search for “migration”
- Find Migrate.Enabled and set to 0(disabled)
- Unchecked vmotion on the vmkernel port and re-enabled it.